POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera look_at question : Re: Camera look_at question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera look_at question
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 21 Jan 2004 15:03:08
Message: <400edafc@news.povray.org>
> Is there a way to make the look_at point not the centre of the image?
Obviously,
> I could acheive a similiar result by cropping the image once it's
rendered, but
> then I'm wasting time rendering parts of the image I don't intend to keep.

Well, the point of look_at is to provide a center on which the image
focusses. For the actual camera focus, focal-blur using a different
focal_point might achieve what you're after, since it can effectively blur
the look_at position (given the right scene).

Aside of that, how about moving look_at somewhere else? I don't get why
you'd want the camera to behave irrationally and look at something different
than look_at. :-S

Regards,
Tim

--